Senior Technical Project Manager
Our client is seeking a Senior Technical Project manager who will play a large leadership role within the PMO in the Information Technology department. This candidate will lead the Firm’s largest and most strategic projects that cover multiple technology and business areas. They will provide major technology platform transformation and change management. This position will have direct reporting line management responsibility for shared resources that are allocated across the IT department. This includes roles such as project management, business/systems analysis, testing, technical documentation, and training, as well as matrix management of project-based resources from all departments within Information Technology. This role will also create, document and implement project lifecycle and methodology guidelines for the entire department to follow.
- 7+ years’ experience hands-on project management within an IT department
- 5+ years’ experience leading projects through Agile methodologies, operating in a Scrum Master role when necessary
- 4+ years’ experience playing a leadership role within a PMO/Project Management function within an Information Technology organization
- Experience using JIRA for Agile project leadership
- Extensive experience leading large enterprise-wide technology re-platform programs and solution delivery teams
- Experience creating 3rd party RFPs, Statements of Work, contract review/negotiation, and oversee vendor resources for projects that fall outside of existing IT functional areas
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, experience leading several teams
- Subject matter expert in project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning)
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Computer Science or related field.
- PMP certification
- Hands-on early career experience in a technical IT role preferred
- ITIL certification a plus