Business Development PMO Director, Risk & Compliance
• This position will report directly to the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer.
• This position is required for a period of approximately 24 months to support the expansion of M&A efforts and stream line compliance due diligence and post closing integration into the Global Risk and Compliance Program.
• In addition, this position will help ensure Risk and Compliance meet the pace of GBT's increased focus on technology.
• Identify, map and document critical compliance processes related to M&A deals
• Identify and implement required controls for new compliance processes when required
• Identify, discuss and implement new monitoring activities when required (i.e. new manual process)
• Build project plan by deal and monitor execution. Define and monitor activities at each stage:
Pre deal sign activities
• Build and monitor execution of comprehensive remediation plan including the five risk and compliance priorities
Sanctions and Anti Money Laundering
Third Party Oversight
• Liaise with external parties (auditors, forensic accountants, outside counsel) to define and build plan for due diligence activities
• Coordinate with technologies, information security, GCO, procurement to define, build and monitor execution on pre deal close/post close activities
• Collaborate with different business units to ensure target integration on the compliance program
• Identify and escalate potential issues to management
• Support and monitor remediation activities to address issues identified
• Define, implement Key Risk Indicators to measure progress and success
• Prepare documentation to support discussions and ensure adequate follow up
• 5-7 years of experience in Project Management preferably in Risk and or Control functions (e.g, audit, finance, legal, M&A strategy)
• Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and strategic partnerships, while working collaboratively with other departments of the company
• Experience in dealing with oversight by sophisticated parties (e.g., government regulators, investor groups (institutional, private equity or hedge fund management), senior management of a Fortune 100 company)
• Technology background will be preferred
• Strong analytical skills and ability to question status quo
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deliverables and deadlines
• Ability to identify issues and come up with viable solutions
• Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders
• Ability to prepare documentation for discussion with shareholders
• Ability to design measures for success
Must work onsite in NJ This candidate will be travelling for work out of the country - could be traveling 25% of the time Must be project driven, a go getter, someone that will work hard and is not afraid to get the job done. This role will be a lot of working on their own with little supervisor involvement. This is a cross function job and they will be working with lots of departments and other companies. Candidate must have regulatory compliance experience, Risk management experience. They are looking for candidates that might have worked for a technology company, large tech companies or compliance tech companies. Shift will be mon-Fri 8-5 but must be flexible as you might have meetings in other countries that you might have to be on early or late.