Senior or Lead Developer
· Lead the development team activities including prioritizing requests, designing solutions, and supervising the development efforts
· Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support
· Work with business team, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
· Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications.
· Coordinate with analyst teams to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
· Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance, and implement new systems.
· Work with other software engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements.
· Author technical design and support documentation.
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
· 8+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experience
· 2+ years leading technical teams including managing an offshore development team
· Experience in relational database technologies with strong SQL skills. Familiarity with ETL Tools like Talend is a plus.
· Expertise developing Java applications using JDBC and JMS. Java Web-Framework experience e.g. SPRING or similar
Experience/Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing and methodologies.
· Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manne
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline