Senior Java Developer - Java and SQL
· Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
· Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
· Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
· Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
· At least 10+ years of hands-on software development and Financial Services experience within the last 5 years with a duration of at least 24 months a must.
· Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
· Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies.· Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
· Understanding of fixed income security data, analytics and/or risk management concepts is a nice to have
· Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or other related field.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
· Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.