External job description:
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage large scale Software Development projects.
Details of the position include the following -
Manages the development and implementation of activities to meet organizational goals, and cost objectives Plans and administers procedures and budgets Develops schedules and Client requirements for assigned projects Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function Manages the day-to-day operations of the projects Managing a team (onshore and offshore) for software development projects Success would be to ensure the project remains on schedule and within budget and must be completed for clients - upper management satisfaction Identify issues and risks early and mitigate The successful candidate witll be able to work with multiple teams and cultures, multi-tasks and pivots to urgent tasks and problems quickly, is succinct with excellent communication skills while running multiple concurrent projects The successful individual will have worked in .NET environments (C#), Windows OS, Oracle, worked with testing teams in addition to development, keeps track of project plans, metrics gathering, product quality management as well as multiple vendors and coordinates well with other resources internally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate requirements gathering
- Define Project scope in collaboration with customer
- Develop detailed project plans
- Monitor and control project schedule, scope, quality and cost.
- Manage cross-functional teams for effective project execution Manage all the communications with customer during the project
- Effectively present project status to customer and senior management
- BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) is required within a technical or business field
- Five (5) years' experience with managing large-scale software development projects
- Out of five (5), at least three (3) years of project management experience in the retail industry
- PMP Certification preferred
- Clear and concise verbal/written communications with customers and management.
- Experience with presentations to large groups
- Change Management Experience
- Leadership skills
- Problem Solving and negotiation skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Extensive skills and experience with the following; 1) MS Project 2) PMP 3) Software Development Life Cycle 4) Project Management Life Cycle
- Experience working with production support teams and service desk highly preferred